Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mask Project

I finally completed this project that I thought was going to be easy. Creating the mask was the most fun and easiest. I started by viewing the links on Angel, viewed a how to video on marthastewart.com and www.scissorboy.com that would not copy right in the blog. It stated that the tag was broken. I then searched for images and decided I am drawn to the masquerade style the most. I chose the white face mask because of the assymetrical balance of feathers (texture) and the eyes emphasized with glitter color, I also liked the offset of beads on one side for more texture and color. The small mask was used for the light feather look on both sides and the peacock feathers giving the mask a line and balance as well as color. The third one was used for the balance and mardi gras colors. I then sketched one as best I could with the general idea that I was going to complete, using some color and a rough draft.
Gathering my materials, I found mardi gras type glitter colors and beads. I purchased peacock feathers for height and line to add as they are my favorite. I had a clear mask for the three dimensional effect and spray painted it for the face color. I then added the red lips and glitter paint around the eye for color and emphasis on the eyes with balance. I glued the feathers, beads and hair swatches to the mask for texture and value as well as depth. The final shape was slightly assymetrical with more feathers and beads on one side. On the whole, this was a fun project.
This is when the problems began. I snapped the pictures, put them on photobucket and tried to upload to the blog account. For some reason, they came out too large and I could not get them to add at once. After a few tries of things, I made a slide show and added my critique. This being the most time consuming part of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment