Sunday, February 20, 2011

Color Wheel and Value Scale

The most difficult part of this project was trying to attach the photos and as of writing this I still may not have it done.
I had a hard time decreasing the darkness of the values in equal amounts. I then did the color wheel went ok. I then tried to write the blog, but typed it first in the wrong box, then lost it somehow. I retyped it in here and can not remember my blog account password to upload my photos. I have spent all evening on it, now it is 11:20 and going crazy.
I liked working with the graphite pencils the most because it was something new and different. I do the color wheel in my hair coloring class with the students.
The most important discovery I made with this project is that magenta, cyan and yellow are the primary colors and not the red, blue and yellow as I learned. We teach the original primaries in hair color to achieve brown, but if we want dark black hair, then I suppose we should use more magenta.
I enjoyed the video because it showed how detailed and precise to be with the pencils in the value scale. I also was able to start and stop it at any time for reference when doing the color wheel and scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment