Friday, February 25, 2011

Week Five - Art Making/Material Exploration #2 Logo Design





A website that I can not seem to paste here from Illustrator is how I learned to make a pair of scissors. After trying it on Illustrator, I tried sketching it myself.
It took so long just to figure out how to operate the tools in Illustrator and downloading the program. I watched all the videos and even some of the tutorial’s in Illustrator. I also checked out all the links for Logos and after many decisions in this process, decided my original design.

I did my best to sketch them out and color them using blue, green, and pink inside the blades, outlined in silver. Looked good so I captured them with my digital camera and uploaded into Photobucket. I did not like it then. The colors did not show up well, so I played around with some edit tools in Photobucket. My slideshow shows a few of the many ideas I tried. I know at staff development days, we learned some Photoshop, and advanced techniques in other programs, but I definitely need more time using Illustrator.

I thought this would be easy and fun. I tried long and hard to use this program with no success to draw a pair of scissors. I then typed my words in there, with no luck saving them to put on the blog, so I redid it on Pages. I took the pictures from Photobucket, made a slide show and now trying to embed it my blog.
The videos were very helpful and I am sure if I was not so determined to do a scissors with the words in the blade, I may have done something else. I see what a graphic designer does all day and the competition is so great. The Super Bowl commercials all started with one sitting at the computer with the thought process rolling. The videos all showed to use the elements and principles of art to think, sketch and design your idea. Experiment with various font size and style also to come up with one clear concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment