Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Self Portrait and Blog


I selected these inspiration pieces because they were 3 of the 4 self portraits I found at Albright Knox Art Gallery on Sunday.
I select this media to create my self-portrait because the photograph of Corwin gave me some idea and it seemed like fun to play around with on photobucket.
 When creating the self-portrait  I had a hard time finding self portraits, but found 4 of them, one of which came from the store and not the display. I could not log in to photobucket because I could not remember my password. I tried many times and finally figured it out. I then could not attach the slide show to blog because the ad kept popping up and I could not figure out how to remove it.
This piece represents me by revealing the mood I have been in trying to complete this course and fighting allergies, giving the puffy eyes that look almost closed. I also was in my pajamas as I have been so much, working on these projects the last two weeks.
The elements and principles of art did  in this work is value (the black and white mood), circle shape, center photo emphasized, balance with even amount on all sides of the middle.
I did enjoy working on this project except for the lack of more time to experiment longer.
I think my final artwork is pretty good considering I have never done anything like this before. I always like oval and circle frames verses square ones, hence the circle photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment