Monday, March 21, 2011

Left hand

I feel I did better than I thought I could, even using my dominant right hand. I used pencil, as a inexperienced artist, because I learned from creating the value scale, how messy the charcoal could be. It was difficult at first, the more I as sketching, the easier it became. I did some erasing to make it look better, but too much would take the lines away.
I think this was a successful study because I was forced to use my non dominant hand, a tool I would not have otherwise used. I completed a task and learned how difficult/easy it can be to use my left hand. Maybe I should try eating that way, and may not eat as much then.
The two sketches definitely have their differences. My lefthand looks more realistic. I was able to control the lightness/darkness with the pencil. With my non dominant hand, not only were the lines heavier, but the outline was not as good as with my dominant right hand. The curves were harder with my left hand, also.
I may use my left hand again in the future for artwork, depending on what is required and how much practice I have. Just like learning with my dominant hand, it takes time and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment